ISO14001 Self-declaration of conformance
The Company has built an environmental management system in accordance with the ISO14001 standard and made a self-declaration of conformance* in June 2017.*The process of building an environmental management system by one’s own organization in accordance with the official method stated in the ISO14001 standard, auditing it to verify compliance with the international standards of ISO on the Company’s own responsibility, and declaring compliance.
The Company, recognizing that initiatives to address environmental issues are a part of its social responsibility, will continue promoting initiatives to reduce and improve the environmental load by business activities. *While maintaining harmony with the natural environment, we will contribute to people’s healthy lives.
Code of Conduct
- We will conduct environment-friendly production in all processes from manufacturing to disposal in an effort to prevent global warming and realize the formation of a recycling-oriented society.
- ①We will properly manage the chemical substances we use.
- ②We will reduce our environmental load on air and water.
- ③We will promote the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) while thoroughly conducting waste management.
- ④We will promote the conservation of resources and energy.
- We will make efforts toward sustainable environmental improvement while taking thorough measures to prevent any impact on the local environment even in times of accidents and emergencies.
- We will comply with environmental laws and regulations, agreements and requirements which the organization has decided to accept, and will also make efforts to improve environmental management by setting voluntary control standards.
- We will continuously improve our environmental management system by setting the environmental impact of business activities in our environmental objectives and targets, promoting such initiatives in a planned manner, and regularly conducting reviews.
- We will promote social contribution activities and communication with local communities.
- We will familiarize all persons who work at or work for the organization with this environmental policy.
- We will distribute or disclose this environmental policy upon request from within or outside the Company.
Applicable standards and scope of self-declaration of conformance
Applicable standards: JIS Q 14001:2004, ISO 14001:2004 *Considering conforming to ISO14001:2015
Scope: Nichi-Iko Group and six production sites (Hokkaido, Yamagata, Saitama, Aichi, Shizuoka, Toyama)
Conducting an internal environmental audit
To prevent the cessation of activities, in our environmental management system, we conduct internal environmental audits through mutual audits by accepting auditors from other plants.